What are your Hours of Operation?
We are open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. EST. We are closed for all major holidays. We do have e-mail support after-hours, so please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are unable to answer all of your questions after-hours, we will let you know and respond back once we have attained all pertinent information during normal business hours.
Where are you located?
We are located in Aberdeen, Maryland, which is approximately 30 miles North of Baltimore. Most shipments will be sent from this location, unless drop-shipped direct from a manufacturer.
What is the best way to contact AMI?
E-mail is the most direct way to contact us. All e-mails can be sent to Info@amidoor.com. You can also reach us via telephone, 410-638-9480 during our business hours 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. EST, or you can fax us at 410-638-9481.
What is your Shipping Policy?
AMI ships only to the 48 contiguous states. All order shipments will be made via UPS.
Our carrier pickups are between 3-4 p.m. EST. All items will be shipped with standard delivery, meaning UPS will leave packages at the recipient address. AMI must be notified in advance of any delivery that requires a signature and the customer will be responsible to pay the additional fee. The customer will also be required to pay any change-of-address fee, as well as all freight-in charges associated with refused or rejected deliveries. Tracking information will be provided to the listed customer e-mail address after being picked up and processed by the respective carrier.
We offer faster shipping services, including UPS Overnight and UPS 2-Day, respectively, pertaining to weekdays only. If UPS Overnight is selected on an order received on Friday, the order will be shipped “overnight” for Monday delivery unless “Special Saturday Delivery” is specifically noted in writing to email@example.com. Additional fees would apply if delivering on a Saturday.
All orders received on weekdays after 1 p.m. are subject to be shipped the next business day, including expedited deliveries. In addition, all orders that require custom keying are subject to next business day shipping as our keying schedule is based on the order in which they are received.
We can ship via Fed-Ex only if the customer provides their shipping account number as we do not have a daily Fed-Ex pickup. Please allow 1-2 days to set up Fed-Ex and all other third-party shipping.
All shipping prices and pre-paid freight orders constitute one (1) shipment. AMII will ship all orders complete unless noted and/or additional freight costs are paid for by the customer. If stock items are ordered with non-stock items, AMI will wait to ship the order complete unless a secondary freight payment is made by the customer.
If any freight cost is higher than quoted, AMI will contact the customer before shipping.
All “In Stock” items will ship within 1-3 business days. Please allow at least 1-2 extra working days for all items to ship that require customer keying. Lead time for special orders will be given at time of quote.
What is your policy concerning shipment shortages?
All shortages must be reported within 48 hours of receipt of merchandise. Please check your order as soon as possible. Also please check the packing slip to differentiate between shortages and backordered items.
What is your policy concerning damaged or defective items?
Any merchandise that is lost and/or damaged by UPS must be reported within 48 hours of receipt. Signing the delivery receipt will nullify the insurance on the order and constitutes receipt of the merchandise in good condition. It will be the purchaser’s responsibility to file the appropriate claim forms with UPS. If shipping boxes are damaged, please save and document for carrier inspection claims.
All “defective” material is subject to be returned to the factory for their inspection and, if deemed defective, a credit will be applied to your account after the manufacturer credits AMI for the defective material.
What are your Shipping Rates?
All shipping rates come straight from UPS. To determine the true shipping price for your order:
- Find the product you are interested in on our web site.
- Add it to your shopping cart.
- Enter the ship-to zip code.
- Choose your shipping method.
- This will show you the total cost for that shipment, for that item.
What is your Return Policy?
We will gladly accect returns if we are notified within 30 days of delivery. Please inspect your order upon receipt for damage and accuracy as those claims must be made within 48 hours.
In order to expedite your return you must obtain a Returns Good Authorization Number (RGA #) by submitting your request via email, firstname.lastname@example.org. All required information must be provided in order to obtain a valid RGA #. Include your first and last name, mailing address, email address, phone number, order number, order date, description of item being returned and reason for return.
No merchandise will be accepted for return without an assigned RGA# obtained from AMI. Once issued, RGA #’s are valid for 20 days and must be on the outside of every shipping box sent back. Shipping charges and keying charges are non-refundable, and the customer shall pay all freight on returns, unless there is a defect or clear error on the part of AMI. Any returned goods sent back without a valid RGA# will be refused and sent back at the customer’s expense.
All returns are subject to a minimum 15% restocking fee, which cannot be waived. Please note when shipping back your return, that no credit will be awarded unless the returned items come back in saleable condition (including the original packaging), containing all factory-packed items and parts, and have not been installed. If there is any extraneous writing or tape on the factory-issued box the return will be refused and shipped back at the customer’s expense. Please use a secondary box to ship your order back, not the factory box that the product arrived in. The RGA # issued for your specific return needs to be written on the outside of all shipping boxes, which will make it easier to process your return faster.
No deductions from payment will be allowed until the returned items have been inspected and a formal credit has been issued by AMI. Any “defective” material is subject to be returned to the issuing factory for its inspection and, if then deemed defective by the manufacturer, a credit will be issued once the manufacturer credits AMI for the defective merchandise. If the manufacturer finds no defect, or defect due to faulty use, installation or abuse, the item will be shipped back to the customer at their expense and no credit will be issued.
All clearance items are non-returnable, and most special orders cannot be returned.
All submitted returns are processed by AMI within 1-14 business days.
What is your Sales Tax policy?
We are required to collect sales tax on all orders that ship to Maryland. We do not collect sales tax on orders shipping to destinations outside of Maryland.
1. Personal Information.
When you engage in certain activities on this site, such as ordering or registering products, you may be asked to provide certain information by filling out and submitting an online form. These activities are optional. If you engage in these activities, you may be asked to provide personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address, e-mail address, employer, job title and department, telephone and facsimile numbers, and other personal identifying information. When ordering products or services on the site, you may be asked to provide a credit card number. Depending upon the activity, some of the information that we ask you to provide is identified as required. If you do not provide the required data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
2. Protection of Personal Information.
This Site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information submitted in connection with purchases made through the Site. Our secure server software (SSL) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. The personal information that you provide is protected by a password and unique customer ID selected by you. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone.
3. Your IP Address.
AMI may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with its server, and to administer the Site. Your IP address may be used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you.
4. Use of Information.
AMI uses your information to record and support your participation in the activities you select on the site. If you order a product or service through the Site, the information may be used to fulfill the product or service order. The information that you provide also may be used to keep you informed about product upgrades, special offers, and other products and services available. If third parties are involved in fulfilling product or service orders, information may be disclosed to them to enable fulfillment.
A cookie is small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a Web server that can be read only by the server that gave it to you. It serves to identify your computer to the Web server and can be used to record passwords, purchases, and preferences. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. Most browser software initially is set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, some Web pages that require access authorization may operate only if cookies are accepted. Users choosing not to accept cookies probably will not be able to access those pages.
6. Other Sites, Other Vendors and their Privacy Policies.
This Site may contain links to other Web sites. AMI is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites or for the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
What is your RFQ Policy?
Please e-mail email@example.com to request a quote. Priority will always be given to established customers in good standing. AMI also reserves the right to decline any RFQ request.
Please provide as much information as possible on all RFQ’s, including manufacturer, full & complete part number, quantity and any other pertinent information. Failure to do so will delay the RFQ process and, in some cases, prevent us from being able to quote.
What is the normal lead time for an order placed on your site?
Our goal at AMI is to ship out every order the same day it’s received. However there are several varying factors:
- Shipping: Pick-up is between 3-4 p.m. EST. All orders received by AMI after 1 p.m. EST are subject to be shipped the next business day, including expedited orders. The reason being that all of our orders need to be processed, printed, pulled in the warehouse, triple-checked for accuracy, packaged, weighed, loaded on the trucks and ready to be shipped by 3 p.m. EST Monday through Friday.
- Keying: Please allow 1-2 extra working days for orders to ship that have custom keying. All of our in-house key work is on a first-come/first-serve schedule so we cannot guarantee same-day keying. In most cases, the order will ship out the following day with the exception of extremely large keying jobs.
- Special Orders: As a wholesale distributor, AMI stocks several lines and will always try and list product availability on-site. Some lines are only available on factory “Quick Ship” programs and those lead times can vary from 1-3 weeks.
- Backorders: We specialize in getting you products in as timely a manner as possible. On occasion, an item may not be readily available at AMI, and must be backordered from the manufacturer. If any part of a stock order is backordered longer than 1 week AMI will contact the customer immediately.
What types of payment do you accept?
Orders can be placed on our site via credit card with a Visa or MasterCard.
In order to purchase via PO (Net Terms) you must fill out our Credit Application (Located Here). Net Accounts must spend $5,000 a year to maintain open credit terms. References may be required when establishing new Net Accounts. We can accept checks if notified, please allow at least 5 working days for all checks to clear. We also can accept wire transfers of at least $2,000 minimum. Please contact AMI for all wire transfer information; customers are required to pay all wire transfer fees.
How can someone become an AMI customer?
There are several ways to become an AMI customer.
1. Web Site: If you order from our web site and complete the transaction with a credit card payment the site will assign you an order number. All orders will be listed under your customer account number.
2. Net Terms (01 Terms): In order to purchase from us on Net Terms you must fill out our Credit Application to establish commercial credit terms. Once complete you can either e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax the application back to us at 301-948-1029. All Net customers will be assigned a new/unique AMI Customer Number and will be permitted to purchase on Net (01) Terms. All Net Customers that would like to purchase from our site can set up a separate account on our web site, which we can then synch with your open Net Account. Once synched you can order from our web site via your Net Terms (and not have to pay with credit card at checkout).
What are the benefits of being an AMI customer?
- Customers that establish Open Accounts with AMI will be entitled to the following benefits.
- Specials: All established AMI Customers will be eligible for all special promotions, discounts, features, etc., that non-AMI customers will not have access to.
- Unique Customer Number: All Open (Net) Accounts will be given a new/unique AMI Customer Number, under which all your activities will be filed including: orders, quotes, returns, contact information, ship-to locations, accounting, notes, etc. In addition to your sales order and delivery packing slip, you will also be sent a direct invoice after every order is shipped. Having these features readily available via your own AMI Customer Number will allow us to continually service you better.
- RFQ Priority: Established AMI Customers will be given first priority on all RFQ’s and, in general, all other order priorities.
- Web Site: AMI Net customers will also have the ability to purchase from our site under their Net Account, without having to use a credit card. In order to do so please contact AMI once you have established your personal account on our site so we can then synch your internal Net Account with the external account you set up on our web site.
What is your Clearance Policy?
AMI will periodically make certain items available as Clearance, where we greatly reduce the price of an item due to inactivity, overstock, etc. All clearance items are on a first-come, first-serve basis and no clearance item can be guaranteed and are non-returnable.
What is your Policy regard Special Factory Orders?
If you cannot find an item on our site chances are we do not stock that item and would have to special order it for you. You must be a registered customer with AMI (in good standing) in order for us to place a special factory order for you, or to quote a special order. All non-registered AMI customers must pay in full for all special orders prior to ordering. All special order quotes must be signed and returned and payment made in full before AMI will special order any items. If not signed, verbal acknowledgements will signify agreement of the quote, as will credit card payment. Unless notified in writing with a time/date stamp, all items will be ordered per your AMI quote.
How do I modify my order?
Any change to an order must be submitted in writing. Customers can reply to their Order Notification E-mail or e-mail email@example.com with any change to an order. AMI will not make a change to any orders via verbal communication. All order changes must be submitted in writing.
Can you “Special Order” products not listed on your web site?
Yes, as a wholesale distributor, we have open purchasing agreements with manufacturers nationwide (for a list of our partner manufacturers see our vendor page). Contact AMI via our Contact Us Form, e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org or fax, 410-638-9481, to request Special Order pricing. Please observe the following ground rules in terms of Special Order pricing.
- Getting pricing and availability on Special Order items from manufacturers takes time, therefore we will give first priority to registered Net customers in good standing (to become a registered Net Customer please fill out our Credit Application).
- In order to receive pricing & availability in a timely fashion please include all pertinent information in your request, including manufacturer, complete part number (including function and finish), quantity and all other relevant information (including size, handing, voltage, etc.) Failure to include all product information will delay the quote request process.
- AMI reserves the right to decline any quote request.
What is your policy regarding fraud?
We take the usage of Fraudulent Credit Cards very seriously and are committed to working with local and national authorities to help persecute Fraudulent Credit Card users to the fullest extent of the law.
In doing so, AMI reserves the right to verify any credit card transaction. Most transactions that have different Ship-To and Bill-To information will need to be verified by the issuing bank. AMI reserves the right to refuse any order where the ship-to address is not listed on file with the credit card company. In order to avoid any delays, please add all ship-to locations on all credit cards used at AMI. Failure to do so will result in a delay and/or cancelation of your order.
Can you recommend building material suppliers that offer products outside your area of specialty?
Our neighbor, Partition Plus, sells toilet partitions to the public and professionals via their website - offering nationwide delivery. Based in Forest Hill, Maryland, Partition Plus also works locally, furnishing and installing bathroom stalls, operable walls, lockers, and other "division 10" products.
How do I determine the handing of a door?
To properly determine the handing of a door, stand on the outside of the door and face the door. The side the hinges are located is the handing of that door. Most knobs are not handed and can fit on both left- and right-handed doors. Levers generally do require handing. Doors that swing into the room are left-hand (LH) or right-hand (RH). Doors that swing out of the room are left-hand reverse (LHR) or right-hand reverse (RHR).
What is the backset of a latch?
The backset is the distance from the edge of the door to the center line of the door prep (hole). There are two common backsets for door locks, 2-3/8” and 2-3/4”. Dummy sets are surface mounted and do not require a latch.
What are the different functions of a lock?
The main functions of locks are below:
- Passage: Hall / Closet – Both Knobs/Levers Always Free.
- Privacy: Bedroom / Bathroom – Both Knobs/Levers locked or unlocked by thumb turn (inside) or emergency key (outside).
- Single Dummy: Single-Sided, Surface Mounted Knobs/Levers screws into door.
- Keyed Entry: Both Knobs/Levers locked or unlocked by key (outside) or turn button (inside).
- Office / Entry: Pushbutton Locking. Pushbutton locks outside Knob/Lever until unlocked with key or rotating inside lever.
- Classroom: Outside Knob/Lever locked and unlocked by key. Inside lever always unlocked.
- Storeroom: Outside Knob/Lever fixed (locked). Entrance by key only. Inside lever always unlocked.
What are the different keying options for locks?
Most locks we sell will come keyed 1-of-5 ways:
- Keyed Different: A different (random) individual key operates each cylinder. No two locks are keyed the same.
- Keyed Alike: 1 key works all locks.
- Master Keyed: All locks are Keyed Different (KD), but 1 Master key opens all locks.
- Construction Keyed: A temporary master key used primarily by builders that is immediately voided (locked out) when the home owner turns his key for the first time.
- 0-Bitted: All cylinders come pinned and keys cut to code #00000, which allows for easy re-keying.
Can you re-key locks?
Yes, we can re-key most all the cylindrical and mortise locks that we sell. We have experienced locksmiths that can re-key most all cylindrical, mortise and IC Core cylinders.
Can you re-key locks to my existing key?
Yes, we can re-key most cylindrical, mortise and IC Core cylinders to match to an existing key. To do so we would need to know the bitting of the key, the factory key number, or would need an actual copy of the key.
What locks can be keyed alike?
In order for locks to be keyed alike, they must contain the same cylinder keyway.
What are the different grades of locks?
To help identify the quality and durability of locksets and deadbolts, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) has established three grades or standards for door locks. Each product must pass a series of operational and security tests.
- Grade 1 - Meets commercial building requirements. Provides the best residential security available. Grade 1 Knobs = 800,000 cycles, 6 door strikes, 360 pound weight test. Grade 1 Deadbolts = 250,000 cycles, 10 door strikes (hammer test).
- Grade 2: Meets light commercial and exceeds residential building requirements. Exceeds standard residential security requirements. Grade 2 Knobs = 400,000 cycles, 4 door strikes, 250 pound weight test. Grade 2 Deadbolts = 150,000 cycles, 5 door strikes (hammer test).
- Grade 3 - Meets residential building requirements only. Provides minimal residential security. Grade 3 Knobs = 200,000 cycles, 2 door strikes, 150 pound weight test. Grade 3 Deadbolts = 100,000 cycles, 2 door strikes (hammer test).
What is a Cylindrical Lock?
A Cylindrical Lock is one in which two holes are bored, perpendicular to one another, into the door. A large hole is bored into the door face and a smaller cross bore hole is bored into the door edge. By contrast a Mortise is installed in a pocket of the door and only the face plate and trim is exposed.
What is a Mortise Lock?
A Mortise Lock pertains to a method of installation in which only the face plate and trim of a lock is exposed. The lock case is installed in a pocket in the door or drawer. By contrast a cylindrical lock is exposed and installs through a bored hole in the door.
Do you sell Assa Abloy products?
Yes, we are a leading Assa Abloy distributor and stock and sell many of Assa’s product lines, including: HES, Corbin Russwin, Yale, Sargent, Norton, Rockwood, Rixson & Securitron.
Do you sell Allegion (formerly known as Ingersoll-Rand) products?
Yes, we are a leading Allegion distributor and stock and sell many of Allegion’s product lines, including: Schlage, Falcon, LCN, Ives, and Glynn-Johnson & Von Duprin.
What is the difference between a Fail Safe lock and a Fail Secure lock?
- Fail-safe lock - An electric lock that automatically unlocks with any power interruption.
- Fail-secure lock - An electric lock that requires power to unlock.
Do the products you sell have warranties?
All products are covered by the original manufacturer’s warranty.